Do you want to know Top search engines in India that have maximum search engine market share in 2020. You have landed on a right page.
Search Engine is a platform which generates relevant search results as per users search queries on their search engine result page.
There are more than 140 search engines are present on the internet but some of them have the maximum global impact because of their high quality services and user trust.
Here In this article I will share some popular search engines that have maximum search engine market sharing in India.
Google is an American based technology company that mainly deals in internet services. Key focus areas of Google are their search engine, online advertisement, software and hardwares.
Google was founded in 1998 by PhD students of Stanford University, Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
After decade of hard and creative work, now, Google is the top most Search engine all over the world.
You can understand the popularity of Google all over the world with the following given data…
- 63,000 search queries appear on Google per second.
- On daily basis, total 3.5 billion searches processed by Google.
- On half yearly basis 78.11 billion users visited Google which makes Google the most visited website on Earth.
- On quarterly basis, India shares total 8.7% of total visits on Google
- According to the data provided by statcounter, Search engine market share of Google in India is 98.3%.
- More than 75% of total searches on internet take place on Google
- More than 60% of organic searches on Google come from mobile
- One in seven person around the Globe visits Google on monthly basis
- Popular Indian websites that hits more than millions of organic traffic from Google are (Flipkart, irctc, NDTV, Sarkariresult, bookmyshow, moneycontrol, etc.)
YouTube is second most popular search engine in India.
YouTube is an American based video sharing company that was founded by three formal PayPal employees, Steve Chen, Jawed Karim and Chad Hurley in 2005.
In 2006 Google bought the YouTube with a deal of USD 1.65B.
To understand the popularity of YouTube in India you can refer the following given stats…
- There are about 1 billion users on YouTube
- 6 billion hours of videos are seen by users per month
- More than 300 hours of Video content is being installed on YouTube per minute
- Post Jio phase helps a lot to YouTube to penetrate Indian into Indian market.
- 245 Million Of active monthly Indian users are available on YouTube.
- More than 500 Indian channels have crossed the milestone of 1 million subscribers.
- Some Popular Indian YouTube influencers are (BB ki Vines, Ashish Chanchalani, Dr. Vivek Bindra, Sandeep Maheshwari, Carry Minati, Amit Bhadana, etc.)
Bing is the third most popular search engine in India.
Bing is owned by US based multinational company Microsoft. Initially Microsoft launches MSN which later converted into Window live search, Live and then Finally Microsoft launches Bing as search engine in 2009.
In July 2009, Yahoo was owned by Bing search engine, after a deal between Microsoft and Yahoo.
- All over the world search engine market share of Bing is 2.75%.
- India shares total 2.2% of total searches appears on Bing.
- Bing search engine market share in India is 0.97%.
- Bing process total 6 billion monthly searches, globally.
- Total 201,651,949 searches on Google are related to Bing.
- 873,964,000 daily searches appear on Bing search engine.
DuckDuckgo or DDG in short is also a very popular search engine in India. It was founded in 2008 by Gabriel Weinberg in Pennslvania.
The key factor through which DuckDuckgo differentiate it from other search engines is their policies regarding tracking user information.
DDG respects their user privacy and because of that many users preferred DuckDuckgo over Google and other popular search engines.
You can guess the popularity of DuckDuckgo with the following statistics…
- 50% increase in total number of search queries appears on DuckDuckgo
- Yearly revenue of DuckDuckgo is about US$ 25M
- 62% of organic searches on DuckDuckgo search engine come from mobile devices
- More than 30M search queries in USA come from DuckDuckgo
- According to statcounter, In India, DuckDuckgo search engine market share is 0.09%
- 3.5% of Total traffic of DuckDuckgo come from India.
Yandex is the largest internet services based multinational company in Russia. The main services of Yandex are Navigation, search engine, mobile application, e-commerce, online advertisements, etc.
This is the fifth most popular search all over world after Google, Bing, Buidu and Yahoo.
Yandex was founded in 2020 and currently Yandex has offices in 17 countries all over the Globe including Silicon valley.
Yandex has the maximum impact on Russian market. In Russia Yandex has 52% search engine market share while Google has only 45% market share.
Yandex search engine also influences the search engine market in India. If we consider the figures of market share of Yandex search engine in India then it would be about 0.01% to total search engine market share in India.
Buidu is the largest internet services and artificial intelligence (AI) based multinational company in China.
Buidu was founded in 2000 by Robin Li and Eric Xu. Actually Buidu was originated from RankDex which was founded by Robin Li.
According to Alexa ranking Buidu is the fourth most popular website among the users.
Along with their popular search engine Buidu also serves other services to their users like Buidu Maps, Buidu Baike (Online Encyclopedia) Buidu Wanpan (Cloud storage service), etc.
Buidu has the maximum impact in Chinese market of search engine with total sharing of 76.05%.
Buidu is the second largest search engine all over the world. Buidu also penetrates the Indian search engine market with market sharing of 0.04% on tablet devices.
This could be an unknown search engine for you but in Indian market Ecosia shares 0.01% of total search engine market.
Ecosia is a Berlin based company that donates 80% of its total profits for reforestation to Nonprofit organizations.
Ecosia was founded in 2009 by Christian Kroll (current CEO of Ecosia).
Currently, Ecosia has 436 Alexa global ranking.
There are also some other Top search engines in India like MSN, Yahoo etc. but as these search engines are collaborated with Bing so I don’t think it is necessary to describe about other search engines.